Friday, October 30, 2009

Jace's First Day of School 08-24-2009

We woke up on Jace's frist day of school to find a praying mantis on top of the humming bird feeder! The boys were really excited. I love these insects...they are so cool looking! Quick advice: never take a praying mantis ootheca (egg mass) inside your house in a cup and leave it in your closet through the winter. My dad and I did this when I was little (we didn't know what it was and we wanted to see what it hatched into!) and one day I woke up to all these little praying mantises in every corner of my closet! Just a little tidbit for ya...

Anyway! Back to the subject at hand...first day of school...so first we found the praying mantis during breakfast...then Jace got ready for school and Matt took him and walked him in the first day at his new school (which he's doing really well there!)...
Here's Jace putting on his shoes while Brett chats with him about how he wishes he could go to school with him...
Here's Jace with his backpack all ready to go!
And here's Brett once boredom set in (when's Jace going to be home...why isn't Jace home yet?...can we go get Jace now? ALL DAY LONG!)...upside down in his underwear playing DS...

No comments: