Monday, June 29, 2009

Wrecking the Honda 06-24-2009

Wednesday afternoon last week the boys and I were in a wreck. The boys were with me but we are all fine. The car is smashed up, though. Luckily, it was not my fault. The guy was coming across 4 lanes of traffic to get to my lane (the far left lane) and didn't see me. I saw him start to move forward too late to do anything to prevent it. If he had hit us a second or 2 after he did, it would have hit directly on Brett, but as it was, it hit just in front of him. It scared us all, shattering the front passenger window. I was not going very fast...probably about 35 mph and he had just started out. His big ole truck hardly had a dent. He does have insurance.

On Friday night, while were at the temple, we finally got approval from his insurance company for a rental car. Ours is now at the body shop waiting for his insurance adjuster to visit it there and then get repaired. We think we will have the rental for about a month.

And of course...pictures...

My smashed up car

The beautiful, sexy rental I had for about 4 hours Saturday morning since the Impala I was suppsed to rent smelled like smoke...fun while it lasted!

And finally, the Saturn I ended up with and will be driving for the next 3-4 weeks...

1 comment:

Tiff and Chris said...

Wow, that's a pretty sweet ride you got there! Too bad about your Honda, but its always fun to drive something a little different for a bit. Your house looks amazing by the way!