Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bye, Parkwood Young Women

Last weekend marked the end of my service as Laurel Advisor in our ward. I was in that position since we moved into my parents' house, and I love my girls! I'm going to miss them so much! Unexpectedly, the young women president was also released at the same time. 4 of our 6 girls graduated and before we were released we planned a Laurel Graduation and one last temple trip. So Friday night, we went to the temple and Saturday morning we had our graduation, which was really more like a New Beginnings for Relief Society for all you mormons (when you turn 18 and graduate from HS, you aren't a youth any more at our church...you go into a new class with all the other women 18 to ?). Anyway, we had the RS presidency and the girls new visiting teachers come to breakfast and do a little orientation for them. Unfortunately, only one of our graduates was able to come, and it was too bad because the short program was great and breakfast was awesome! Here are pictures of the 2 events...

At the temple Friday night...

Laurel Graduation...Jean Boothe is the Relief Society Pres

Three of my girls, Allison, Danielle and Katie

2 comments:

Lise said...

How is it possible that my sister is as gorgeous as she is?!?!?!

Rebecca said...

WHAT?!?! you moved? I really need to keep up better! I can't believe those girls are so grown up!
We just moved...again- and I got called as the Mia Maid adviser after a couple of years in RS. I LOVE it!