At the beginning of the week, we had Jace make a list of the things he wanted to do over spring break. On Monday, we went to lunch with Matt at work and the boys chose Chick-Fil-A with smoothies for dessert. On Tuesday, we played outside and had a great time just together. On Wednesday, we planned to meet Matt at the bowling alley but when we got there it had an hour wait, so we let the boys play a few video games and then headed to What-a-Burger for lunch. Thursday, we hung out at home and stayed warm while the rain kept coming down. Friday we tried our hand at bowling again, reserving a lane ahead of time...the boys were excited to be back at the bowling alley but would have rather just played video games than actually bowl even though they had a good time! Saturday, we headed to our local Sears store for some refrigerator shopping...fun times for the boys.
On Sunday morning, I came out to the living room to find Jace completely dressed for church, which was a total surprise because it is usually a struggle getting ready for church each Sunday. He's trying to hard to make good choices and doing very well...we just love him so much! That afternoon, we took the Gorman family out to the new house for a visit. Then we took some cookies over to a fellow UBuildIt home owner. While we were there, we were visiting on his back patio visiting while the boys were playing and all of a sudden we couldn't see Brett any more! He had fallen off the patio which was about 6 feet out of the ground. Fortunately, he landed on his feet and caught himself with his hands and didn't hit his head. He was fine after about an hour of rest and some dinner with me panicking the whole time that something was wrong that we couldn't see. I've been extra vigilante all week...I hate when things like that happen when I could have prevented it with a little more protectiveness. Then Monday, I pick him up from school to find out that he fell off the slide that day and then he told me that he also fell off his chair in primary on Sunday, too. I think maybe he is just growing...balance is off...anyway, we are so thankful that he is OK and that we still have his happy little stories to make us smile.
Here are a few pictures from our week:
Brett and Jace playing a little DDR at the bowling alley:



1 comment:
Jen, I don't know if you know me by name but I am Brett's Primary teacher. Just to let you know, he fell of his chair in primary while reaching for his scriptures. The poor boy just couldn't quite reach and fell. He is super cute in church though.
Post a Comment