Do all 2
nd graders everywhere have to put on an exercise PTA program? I only ask because I did one in 2
nd grade, too...
Mousercise! It was a Disney record (yes, the vinyl kind...I'm old, people!) that encouraged kids to exercise. I was also lucky enough to get to wear a mouse costume (yes, Chuck, I know it was really your panther costume, but it also looked like a mouse) and introduce the program...only because I was the only 2
nd grader with anything that looked like a mouse costume. And then I got to participate in "Ducks Dance, Too!" Why I remember all that, I have no idea...but I do know that I got to be in "Ducks Dance, Too!" only because I asked my teacher, Mrs. Tucker...who loved me, if I could do that one instead of "Bug-a-Boo" so I could be with my friends. Anyway...I'm sure you enjoyed my reminiscing!!!
All that to say that
Jace also did an exercise-themed PTA program at the beginning of February (which didn't start until 7:00, which is bedtime, but that's another subject all together). It was called "Fit Kids" and his favorite thing was the main theme song which he and Brett sang all week after the program. I thought it was a bit odd that they would do an exercise program and then have the kids crammed onto risers for the entire thing...no jumping, no running, no dancing, nothing! But
Jace had a great time anyway...
Here's Brett, enduring to the end...they did the PTA meeting first so people would actually be there for it! Like his eye? He did that on a pile of rock out at the house:

Here's Jace singing:

Here's a video of the last song...Jace doesn't look too excited, but he said he had fun:
And the whole group...see what I mean? No roomfor exercise here:
No comments:
Post a Comment