So this weekend was eventful in that we moved most of the big furniture out of the house and into storage. I say "most" of the furniture b/c everything fit except the kitchen table (the chairs made it but not the table!). Anyway, it's all good b/c I'm planning to refinish the top of the table anyway, so I'll do that this spring since it will be here anyway (Heather, I'll be calling for some expertise!).
The worst thing was that at some point someone closed the door to the washing machine all the way, and if you are in my family, you know the trouble we have had with stuff growing in there and since it hasn't been used at all since before Christmas...WELL, Matt said it really smelled gross in there. SO for now the washer is in the garage at Grandma's for me to take apart and clean. YUCK! But everyting is out of the house now except for a few small things (OK, I still haven't packed my dishes, but I started today!)...Kat's good friend Angela is coming over tonight so that we can go back to the house to work some more. Man, I'll be glad when this is OVER!!! ONE MORE WEEEK!
We did make it through the inspection last week with only minor repairs that Matt completed over a couple days, and the appraisal happened this morning. Right now we are looking good to close on time! YAY!
In other news, we traded our couch for a foosball table this weekend, too! Ryan and Michelle (see Butthead pictures from last weekend) needed a couch and we needed something to put in our new game room once it is built, so we traded! We were already going to replace the couch and they were getting rid of the foosball so it worked out well. So, Grandma, for now, your dining room table is up against the wall to make room for a "game room"!
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment