Jace just before his turn:
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Jace's Bike Rodeo
Jace had his annual bike rodeo at school yesterday. He had so much fun! The preparation was less than exciting for us (read: the parents), though. To pass inspection at the rodeo, your bike has to have reflectors, a bell or horn, and a headlight (why elementary school children would be riding at night, I have no idea, but anyway...). So, I remembered that his headlight was really crappy last year and it broke like the week after the rodeo, so I picked him up one at Wal Mart...no big deal, right? Well, I forgot that his really cool combination compass/bell broke a few months ago, too. Jace reminded me of this the night before. Matt, the best dad in the whole wide world, went to get one after his stake meeting that night. He went to Wal Mart, Dick's and finally Academy (he was too late to get to Target). Finally, the only one he could find was a Disney Princess bell. Yeah. So, at 10:30 PM, I'm in there sanding this pink bell so the paint will stick to it and hunting for something to cover up the pink heart that unfortunately was important to the construction of the bell. The next morning, after the bell was painted, complete with a spider on top (the bottom was purple, but the top was black...it's almost Halloween, right?!), Jace said, "Is that ALL you could find?" After I explained to him that I could scrape all the paint off, pull the cover off the heart and put the Disney Princess sticker back on the top if he wanted me to, he was fine with it. Anyway, here are the pictures Matt took (I was at a play with Brett and his preschool...the dividing of the parents begins!).
Jace just before his turn:
Inspection time:
Look how straight he's riding!
Jace in action, riding through the cones:
Jace just before his turn:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That looks like a really fun activity. Wow, isn't being a parent fun? When else would you have felt it important to change a Disney Princess bike bell into one with a spider?
i remember bike rodeos. I love them, and i think i always did pretty good! Ha ha!
Post a Comment