Saturday, July 19, 2008

Our Vacation to Colorado, Amarillo & Lubbock...

I know it's been a while...this is what vacation does to me! Despite my plans to blog on the road, I didn't even check email while I was gone. Matt was the only one that got on the computer. Anyway, I wanted to share a little bit about our trip, so I'm going to split it into each activity. Here's a quick summary of how long we spent in each place:

We left San Antonio on Wednesday, July 2 traveling to Amarillo to spend the night. Chuck and his family were still in California on one of their many summer trips, but they were nice enough to allow us to stay the night there. We got up bright and early Thursday morning and headed to the Denver area (Broomfield) for the biggest chunk of our vacation. We stayed with Kathi and her family until Wednesday morning the following week and traveled back to Amarillo that day to actually see Chuck and the girls (Heather had a training conference she went to, so we missed her again). We spent Wednesday night, Thursday, Thursday night and half of Friday with Chuck then we headed south a couple hours to Lubbock to visit with Matt's grandma, aunt and uncle. Then Saturday, we drove to Big Spring to meet Matt's parents (and Lindsey and her new puppy Presleigh...SURPRISE...we didn't know she would be with them) for lunch. Then we headed south for home. We got back to San Antonio on Saturday, July 12 in time for dinner and bed.

No comments: